23-Year-Old Killed in Head-On Crash Near Hudson Valley Park
A 23-year-old from the Hudson Valley was killed when he lost control of his convertible, hit trees, a pole and then another car head-on.
On Tuesday around 11:10 p.m., the City of Middletown Police Department responded to a reported motor vehicle accident with ejection in the area of West Main Street, near Maple Hill Park.
Upon arrival at the location, officers located a 23-year-old Middletown man, who was pronounced dead at the scene, police say.
An investigation by the Middletown Police Department revealed that the 23-year-old lost control of a 1999 Mazda Miata convertible while driving north on West Main Street, drove into the other lane, and hit a number of trees and a telephone pole.
The impact of the crash caused the Mazda to roll over and strike a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox head-on. The impact ejected the 23-year-old from the Mazda.
Based upon the initial investigation and eyewitness accounts, it is believed speed was a significant contributing factor in causing the operator of the Mazda to lose control of his vehicle and cross over the roadway, police say.
At this time, no charges have been filed. The driver of the Chevrolet Equinox, who was traveling alone, was not injured during the collision.
The crash remains under investigation and an autopsy and toxicology report is scheduled on the deceased victim.
- Teen Killed Near Hudson Valley High School
- 23-Year-Old Killed in Head-On Crash Near Hudson Valley Park
- Horse Spotted on Taconic State Parkway
- Aerial Footage Shows Severe Storm Damage in Dutchess (PHOTOS)
- Cases of Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Triples
- Two School Buses Collide in Hudson Valley
- Police Will Pull You For This in New York Over Next 2 Weeks
- 2 NYPD, Including Groom Killed on Wedding Day in Hudson Valley
- Alarming Number of Hudson Valley Ticks Spread Lyme Disease