All The NY Chefs And Restaurants Nominated For James Beard Awards
The James Beard Award nominations were announced on Wednesday, March 14.
The James Beard Award is one of the most prestigious in the cooking world, ranking amongst the Michelin Star and World's 50 Best Restaurant awards. The James Beard Foundation released the nominees for all their categories, and many New York chefs and restaurants are nominated.
Here are all the New York nominees in the categories they are nominated in:
- Empellon Midtown, NYC, Best New Restuarant
- Balthazar, NYC, Outstanding Restaurant
- Dianna Daoheung, Black Seed Bagels, NYC, Outstanding Baker
- Zachary Golper, Bien Cuit, Brooklyn, Outstanding Baker
- Gabrielle Hamilton, Prune, NYC, Outstanding Chef
- Amanda Cohen, Dirt Candy, NYC, Best Chef
- Ignacio Mattos, Estela, NYC, Best Chef
- Alex Stupak, Empellón Midtown, NYC, Best Chef
- Jody Williams, Buvette Gastrothèque, Best Chef
- Missy Robbins, Lilia, Brooklyn, Best Chef
- Clare de Boer, King, NYC, Rising Star Chef of the Year
The 2018 James Beard Foundation Who's Who of Food and Beverage in America Inductees were also announced. Only one New York recipient was chosen and it was Daniel Johnnes, the Wine Director of The Dinex Group in NYC.
Winners of the James Beard Award will be announced on May 7.