Dispute at Hudson Valley Mall Leads to Man’s Arrest
A Hudson Valley man was arrested following a disagreement with an employee at the Hudson Valley Mall.
On New Year’s Eve around 11:15 a.m., 28-year-old Edwin C. Mazara of Kingston was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony.
Police were told that Mazara got into a disagreement with an employee at the Hudson Valley Mall in the Town of Ulster over a previous purchase. The disagreement escalated to the point that 911 was called.
Police arrived and calmed the situation down, officials say. However, Mazara was allegedly found to be in possession of cocaine.
Mazara was wanted on a bench warrant issued by the City of Kingston Court and held by the Kingston Police Department. He was turned over to the Kingston Police Department for processing on their warrant.
New York State Police assisted the Ulster Police Department in making the arrest.
- Hudson Valley High School Teacher Dies on New Year's Day
- Popular Hudson Valley Diner Damaged in New Year's Fire
- Hudson Valley Teacher Dies
- Poughkeepsie Galleria Evacuated
- Woman Charged With Sex Trafficking Teen in Hudson Valley
- Cuomo Wants to Rename Stewart Airport
Check out the Top 5 stories of 2017 from Hudson Valley Post.