Dutchess County Man Sent Sexual Images to Child, Police Say
A Wappinger man was arrested for allegedly sending sexual images to a child.
On Monday, New York State Police from the Wappinger barracks in conjunction with the Dutchess County Child Advocacy Center arrested David Fernandes, 20, of Wappinger for disseminating indecent material to a minor, a class D felony.
In April, a parent reported a sexual offense to State Police in Wappinger. State Police investigators and the Dutchess County Child Advocacy Center conducted a two-month investigation that determined Fernandes sent inappropriate sexual material to a child under the age of seventeen, police say.
Fernandes was arraigned before the town of Wappinger Court and remanded to the Dutchess County jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bail bond. He's due back in court on June 27.
A full stay away order of protection was also requested on behalf of the victim and granted.
- Man Paddle Boards Across Hudson River in Suit
- Multiple Large Venomous Snakes Found Near Hudson Valley Homes
- Hudson Valley Man Confesses After Dead Remains Found in Planter
- Hudson Valley Teen Signs MLB Contract
- Hudson Valley Police Arrest 7 in Prostitution, Drug Enforcement
- Dutchess Woman Accused of Stabbing Man on Dutchess Turnpike
- Police: Naked Man Screaming Leads to Dutchess Woman's Heroin Bust
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Police Save Suicidal Student On Top of Hudson Valley Water Tower
- Dutchess County Police Save Dog Trapped Under Shed