Fatal Accident Shuts Down Newburgh Beacon Bridge
One person is dead following a crash towards the end of rush hour on the Newburgh Beacon Bridge.
On Thursday around 7:30 p.m., the New York State Bridge Authority announced an accident on the eastbound side of the Newburgh Beacon Bridge was going to close the bridge to traffic in the Newburgh and Beacon area for about two hours.
Shortly after, officials closed all lanes of the bridge telling motorists to expect delays and seek another route.
According to reports, a Jeep and a tractor-trailer collided on the bridge. The accident killed one person.
- Hudson Valley Celebrity Couple Rescues 'In Love' Donkey & Emu
- I Love New York Logo Created By Hudson Valley Man
- Hudson Valley Special Needs Student Wins $28 Million in Rape Case
- AMBER Alert: Child Abducted, Likely Traveling Through Hudson Valley
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center Is Being Renamed, Revitalized
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Killing Family Member Wanted By FBI
- Hudson Valley Man, 2 Teens Charged With Murder
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust