Former Marist Football Player Claimed By The Jets
The New York Jets have added a former Marist College football player to the roster. USA Today reports kicker Jason Myers will now have a chance to enter the season as starting kicker but he's got some competition. Myers had been playing for the Seahawks after spending time in Jacksonville as well. He was waived Monday and the Jets decided to take a shot.
After graduating from Marist in 2013 he was not drafted but went on to play some arena league football. The Jaguars signed him in early 2015 and he was off to Florida to continue his professional career. After spending nearly 2 years with the team, he was released in fall of 2017.
Seattle signed him earlier this year and gave him a shot but he lost the job to veteran kicker Sebastian Janikowski. That guy is still around?
What do you think, will Myers catch on with The Jets? We wish him all the best!
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate