Hudson Valley Caregiver Accused of Stealing From Elderly
A Hudson Valley caregiver is accused of stealing thousands of dollars and personal items from elderly people she cared for in the local area.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau reported the arrest of Susan Niekrewicz, 50, of Elizaville following an ongoing investigation into the exploitation of vulnerable adults in the northern Dutchess County area.
Niekrewicz is accused of stealing several thousand dollars, as well as jewelry and other personal belongings, from a sick adult that she was caring for in the Milan area.
She is also under investigation in connection with more thefts from at least one other victim, an elderly person she cares for in the Rhinebeck area, police say.
Some of the stolen property from both cases were found, officials say. Police allege the thefts happened throughout the past year.
Niekrewicz was charged with grand larceny and endangering the welfare of an incompetent or disabled adult, felonies. More charges are possible, police say.
She was arraigned before the Town of Milan Court and released to the supervision of probation.
If anyone has any knowledge about the cases described above, or think they or someone else may be a victim, they are urged to contact Detective Adam Harris at 845-486-3852. The Sheriff’s Office can also be contacted at 845-486-3800, or via the tipline at 845-605-CLUE (2583) or email@example.com.
- Winter Storm Watches Issued For Most of the Hudson Valley
- Business Abruptly Closes For Good at Poughkeepsie Galleria
- DA: Hudson Valley Man Watched Child Porn on Local Church Computer
- Foot of Snow Still Not Ruled Out For Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Longtime Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley City Among 'Most Dangerous' in United States
- These Children Have Gone Missing From The Hudson Valley
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons