Hudson Valley Winter Date Night: Ice Skating
With winter and the holidays upon us, the Hudson Valley is full of great date nights.
I LOVE the winter/Christmas season. It's my favorite season of all time. Cold weather? Yes, please. Hot chocolate? Can't get enough. Snuggling by a fire? Sign me up. So if you're like me, or if you just want to break the mold and do something different for date night this season, I have a perfect idea: ice skating.
Now you can really do this date night idea however you want. Personally, I recommend going skating then going to a local cafe/coffee shop and enjoying some fabulous conversation between you and your date. But make it your own, do your own thing!
Recently, I went ice skating at Bear Mountain State Park and had a blast! Like I said, I'm into the corny stuff during the Christmas season, so I loved it. We had dinner after, but a coffee shop would've been perfect too.
Take your date ice skating, they'll have a blast, then take them for hot chocolate and a treat at a coffee shop: date night success!
There are a bunch of ice rinks in the Hudson Valley:
- Ice Time, Newburgh
- Bear Mountain State Park Ice Rink, Tomkins Cove
- Kiwanis Ice Arena, Saugerties
- McCann Arena, Poughkeepsie
- Brewster Ice Arena, Brewster
- Hommocks Park Ice Rink, Mamaroneck
- Bontecou Rink, Millbrook
- Ebersole Ice Rink, White Plains
- Palisades Center Ice Rink, West Nyack
- Westchester Skating Academy, Elmsford
Here are some of my favorite coffee shops in the Hudson Valley:
- The Crafted Kup, Poughkeepsie
- Bank Square Coffeehouse, Beacon
- Bread Alone Bakery, Various Locations
You can find a full list of coffee shops in the Hudson Valley here.