Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
A sex offender who was convicted of having sexual contact with children moved within walking distance of a Hudson Valley elementary school.
Kingston police notified the public that Jesse A. Knapp, a level-2 sex offender, moved from an apartment on Clinton Avenue to another home on the same block.
Knapp was arrested in 1995 in Texas for having sexual contact with two boys, ages 10 and 8. He was sentenced to five years probation, according to the New York State Sex Offenders database.
According to Google Maps, the 45-year-old lives 0.4 miles from George Washington Elementary School and a tenth of a mile from the Kingston Library
Knapp is described as being a 6’5” 180-pound white man with hazel eyes.
It’s unclear why Knapp moved to the Hudson Valley.
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
- Police: Worker Commits Sex Act at Hudson Valley Retirement Home
- Fire Displaces 6 Hudson Valley Residents From Home
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley