Nearly 4,000 at Nearby Surgery Center Likely Exposed to HIV, More
Nearly four-thousand patients who underwent procedures just outside the Hudson Valley are being told to get tested for HIV and Hepatitis B and C.
An investigation by the New Jersey Department of Health revealed that patients of HealthPlusSurgery Center in Saddle Brook, NJ may have been exposed to due to lapses in infection control in sterilization and cleaning instruments.
3,778 patients who went to the surgery center from January to September 7, 2018 are urged to get tested.
"All of us at HealthPlus understand this may be upsetting. We want to assure you that we will assist you during this process, including paying for all medical costs associated with testing. We recommend that you get tested as soon as possible," HealthPlus Surgery Center wrote in a letter to patients obtained by NBC.
- Man Falls To Death Rock Climbing in Hudson Valley Near Christmas
- Nearly 4,000 at Nearby Surgery Center Likely Exposed to HIV, More
- Cops: Man With Connections to Cult Kidnapped Hudson Valley Kids
- Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, Church, School
- Massive Skating Rink Opens in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Office Saved Suicidal Student's Life
- Police: Missing New York Child Could be in Hudson Valley