Police: 2 Drug Dealers Arrested After Overdose Death of H.V. Man
Two alleged drug dealers were arrested after an investigation into the overdose death of a Hudson Valley man.
On Thursday, Port Jervis police detectives arrested 23-year-old Katelynn Smith of Port Jervis and 62-year old Gloria Bruno of Glen Spey for criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a controlled substance, felonies.
Smith was arrested following an investigation into the suspected overdose death of 28-year-old City of Port Jervis man who died early Thursday morning.
Police allege Smith sold Oxycodone to the man prior to his death. Bruno is accused of distributing Oxycodone to Smith.
Both were arraigned in Port Jervis City Court and remanded to Orange County jail in lieu of $50,000 bail pending further court appearances.
The arrest stems from a joint investigation conducted by the Port Jervis City Police Department, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office and the Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office. The death investigation is continuing and police and prosecutors are awaiting the results of an autopsy and toxicology analysis by the Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- Hudson Valley Exposed to 'Very Contagious Disease'
- Hudson Valley Grandma Killed in Fire, 10 Injured
- Former Hudson Valley Resident's Child Seriously Injured in Crash
- Hudson Valley Man Killed While Crossing Street Near Mall
- Man Who Sexually Abused Child Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Police: 2 Drug Dealers Arrested After Overdose Death of H.V. Man