Police: C.T. Man Flees to Hudson Valley After Stealing From Cars
Police say a Connecticut man was being chased at high speeds in the Hudson Valley by someone he stole from.
Recently, a Putnam County Sheriff’s deputy noticed two cars allegedly speeding on Danbury Road in the Town of Southeast.
With the help of New York State Police and Brewster police, both vehicles were pulled over.
After an investigation it was determined that the driver of one of the vehicles, 20-year-old Alex J. Cardenas-Tacuri of Danbury, C.T., fled Connecticut after stealing items from several unlocked cars, police say.
The person in the other car was a victim who noticed Cardenas-Tacuri allegedly going through unlocked vehicles in the victim’s driveway in Danbury.
Cardenas-Tacuri was found to be in possession of stolen items taken from several vehicles and a switchblade knife, officials allege.
He was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of stolen property. He was arraigned in the Town of Southeast Court and remanded to the Putnam County Correctional Facility in lieu of $2,000 bail.
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrested For Bringing Loaded Gun to School
- Local Family That Lost Baby, Mother in Fatal Crash Needs Help
- 3 Hudson Valley Teens Charged With Classmate’s Stabbing Death
- State Police Continue to Investigate Dead Body Found in Woods
- Baby, Mother Killed Crossing Route 52 in Fishkill
- Hudson Valley Teen Loses Feet, Hand From Flu
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Assaults Ex, Masturbates Near Child
- 4 Charged After Man Brutally Murdered in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley