Police: Hudson Valley Man Stole Running Vehicle Outside Mobil
A Hudson Valley man is accused of stealing a parked running vehicle.
On Sunday around 8:15 a.m., Monticello police responded to the Mobil convenience store on Forestburg road in the Village of Monticello for a report of a stolen 2015 Jeep Compass.
The driver stopped at the convenience to get a cup of coffee and left his vehicle running and unattended outside the store. While inside the store, an employee told the driver that his vehicle was being stolen, police say.
The man ran outside and noticed his car head south on Forestburg Road and make a left onto Breakey Avenue.
Ten minutes later, police spotted the stolen vehicle near the intersection of Forestburg Road and Evergreen Drive.
After a chase, the Jeep was stopped by police. 31-year-old Montrell A. Williams of Monticello was arrested after officers reviewed surveillance footage from the Mobil station which allegedly showed Williams stealing the vehicle
Williams of was charged with grand larceny, criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, and a traffic ticket for not complying with police. He was remanded to the Sullivan County Jail on $15,000 bail.
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Wanted
- Help Needed After Dog Found Abused in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Could See 6 Inches of Snow
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Hit By 2 Cars While Walking
- Police: Man Commits Suicide on I-84
- Woman Killed in Fire At Hudson Valley Group Home
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Convinced Minors to Send Nude Photos
- Julia Roberts Spotted in the Hudson Valley
- Missing Child Likely Spotted in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley