Police: Hudson Valley Woman Drives Into House
A Hudson Valley woman lost control of her car and ended up driving into a home. On Friday around 1:15 p.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded to a home on Route 209 in Wawarsing for a 911 call reporting an accident with injuries.
An investigation revealed Doreen Spears, 49, of Woodstock was driving south on Route 209 when she left the roadway and struck a sign. Her vehicle then crossed the northbound side, drove off the roadway, through a yard and hit a home, which was unoccupied at the time, police say.
Spears was taken to Ellenville Regional Hospital for further evaluation. Deputies were assisted at the scene by the New York State Police, Napanoch and Ellenville Fire Departments, Ellenville Rescue Squad and Kerhonkson Accord Rescue Squad.
- 3 Cases of Measles Confirmed From Hudson Valley, More Likely
- Child Stabbed, Teen Accused of Waving Knife at Police in Newburgh
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Wrote School Shooting Practice Letter
- Police: Hudson Valley Bus Driver Tried to Meet Child for Sex
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured in Plane Crash in Orange County
- 3 Critically Hurt After Car Plows Into Popular H.V. Restaurant
- People Who Ate at Popular Hudson Valley Diner Exposed to Measles