Putnam County Man Accused of Selling Drugs to Undercover Cops
Police say they found over $14,000 in cash and drugs inside the home of an alleged Hudson Valley drug dealer.
In December 2017, a deputy assigned to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department Narcotics Enforcement Unit developed information that 50-year-old Sulaiman S. Sayegh of Southeast was allegedly selling cocaine throughout Putnam County.
On four occasions Sayegh sold cocaine to an undercover officer within the town of Southeast, police say.
When Sayegh was arrested, he is accused of being in possession of more cocaine while occupied by a child younger than 17.
Following his arrest, a search warrant at his him home yielded cocaine, packaging materials, a scale and over $14,000 in cash, officials say.
Sayegh was charged with four counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance, five counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, all felonies, two counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminally using drug paraphernalia and endangering the welfare of a child, misdemeanors.
He was remanded to the Putnam County Correctional Facility on $7,500 cash bail or $15,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Teacher’s Aide Raped, Sexually Abused Boy
- New MTV 'Jersey Shore'-Style Show Films in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Owned, Shared Child Porn
- Robert De Niro, Julia Roberts Spotted In the Hudson Valley
- DA: 4 Die From Opioid Overdoses in Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping 2 Women Sentenced
- Police: Dutchess County Man Sexually Touched Child, More Victims Possible
- Police Investigate Fatal Shooting Near Hudson Valley Park
- Couple Accused of Identity Theft at Galleria Jewelry Store
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley