Save Money Now Passport Fees Set to Increase, April 2, 2018
Have you been thinking about getting a passport? Here's something that might encourage you to get it done sooner, rather than waiting to do it. The processing fee for getting that first passport will be increasing by $10 (from $25 to $35) on April 2, 2018.
If you already have a passport and will be getting it renewed by mail, you will not have to pay this fee.
Adult passport books will cost you $145 and children's under the age of 16 will cost $115. The reason that they are citing for the increase is because if the costs associated with processing the original or initial application.
To travel internationally you will need a passport. To go to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean, you can get a Passport Card for $65 for adults and $55 for kids. Just know that the Passport Card is only good for land (or cruise) travel, you will not be able to use it to fly.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America