The 10 Dumbest Laws In New York
Every state has its fair share of stupid laws, but New York's are quite possibly the dumbest. These are the 10 dumbest laws in New York, as found on DumbLaws.com.
1. Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
I strictly go topless for pleasure.
2. While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
Isn't that what we all do anyway?
3.It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
But what about for pain?
4. Citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.
Because people still do that...
5. Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.
Well, lock me up.
6. A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.
7. You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.
Sir, your sprinkler is unlawful.
8. During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backward on the sidewalks.
Part of me wants to know the story behind this, part of me is terrified to hear it.
9. People may not slurp their soup.
Well, that's just common courtesy.
10. A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
There goes my Sunday night!