Woman Charged With Felony DWI in Dutchess County
Police say a woman who crashed her car while driving drunk in Dutchess County received her second DWI in less than 10 years.
On Tuesday around 2:30 a.m., deputies from the Dutchess County Sheriff’s office responded to Route 22 in the Town of North East for a report of a one-car crash.
A 2009 Honda Civic, driven by 43-year-old Megan L. Poirot of Rensselaer, hit an embankment and tree while heading south on Route 22, police say.
Poirot is accused of crashing her car while driving drunk. During processing, police learned Poirot has a previous conviction for an alcohol-related offense within the past 10 years.
Poirot was charged with felony DWI and felony aggravated unlicensed operation. According to police, she suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
- AG: 16 Violent Hudson Valley Heroin Dealers Charged
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Fatal Drunken Head-On Crash
- Large Reward Offered For String of Dutchess County Bank Robberies
- Police:Drunk Hudson Valley Mom Crashes Car With Kids, Hits Police
- 6 Die From Drug Overdoses in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Kills Neighbor's Dog
- Hudson Valley Lands Professional Sports Team
- Police: Hudson Valley Elementary Teacher Found With Child Porn
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley