1 Arrested After Shooting Between Rival Hudson Valley Gangs
One was arrested after police say shots were fired between rival Hudson Valley gang members.
On Thursday around 1:30 p.m., City of Poughkeepsie police received a call regarding shots fired at 120 Hudson Avenue, near Building 1.
The caller reported that the shooter and several subjects left the scene in a green Ford Explorer. A short time later, the vehicle was located on Dubois Avenue by officers.
Everyone inside the vehicle was detained without incident and brought to the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department for further investigation.
During the course of the investigation, detectives learned that there was a fight between two rival groups, police say
During the fight, one person exited the Ford Explorer and fired several shots at a group of rival gang members, police allege. According to authorities, no one was hit during the gunfire.
Police allege 33-year-old Yassir Cruz-Rivera of the City of Poughkeepsie was the shooter. The gun used in the shooting was found, officials say.
Cruz-Rivera was charged with criminal use of a firearm and criminal possession of a weapon, both felonies.
He's being held in the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department cellblock pending his arraignment at City of Poughkeepsie Court.
This investigation is ongoing. Anyone that has information is encouraged to contact the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department at 845-451-4000 or the tip line at 845-451-7577.
- 2018 Hudson Valley Fireworks Guide
- Hudson Valley Man Dead in Apparent Double-Suicide
- Hudson Valley Teacher’s Aide Raped, Sexually Abused Boy
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Raped Teen He Friended on Social Media
- Multiple Large Venomous Snakes Found Near Hudson Valley Homes
- Hudson Valley Man Confesses After Dead Remains Found in Planter
- Hudson Valley Teen Signs MLB Contract
- Hudson Valley Police Arrest 7 in Prostitution, Drug Enforcement
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Police Save Suicidal Student On Top of Hudson Valley Water Tower