2 Beloved Hudson Valley Restaurants Close Down
A restaurant that has been called "a hidden gem" in the Hudson Valley has closed.
Paul Smythe's Twisted Fried Chicken And Waffles had locations in New Windsor and Middletown. Both got rave reviews by customers, with one person on Yelp calling the restaurant a "hidden gem."
Over the weekend, I was told the location in New Windsor recently closed. On Monday, I drove over and confirmed, the place has sadly closed down. The photo seen above shows the restaurant completely empty and the sign removed.
Paul Smythe's Twisted Fried Chicken And Waffles also had a location in Middletown, which I've learned has also closed down. Google and Yelp confirm the eateries are both permanently closed.
According to a review on Yelp, it appears the New Windsor location closed in March.
It's unclear why the restaurants closed down, but I know many, including myself, will miss it. As you would expect, their chicken and waffles, which came in a mind-blowing variety of style and flavors, were delicious, but their Mac and Cheese may have been even better!
- Hudson Valley Applebee's Closed For Good
- Bear Seen Outside Hudson Valley Church
- Local Man in Video that Alleged Police Brutality Pleads Guilty
- 2 Beloved Hudson Valley Restaurants Close Down
- Hudson Valley Woman Dies Swimming Near Home
- Teen Nearly Killed After Falling 35 Feet into Swimming Hole
- Hudson Valley Couple Accused of Hate Crime in Chili’s Parking Lot
- Hudson Valley Woman Charged in $7 Million Health Care Scheme