4 Women Rescued Hiking on Mount Beacon
Four women had to be rescued after they got lost hiking on Mount Beacon hours after the sunset.
On Sunday around 9 p.m., Dutchess County 911 requested forest rangers from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation help four women who got lost hiking on Mount Beacon.
The hikers were unable to find their way back to their camp, officials say. Without food, water, or flashlights and cell phones close to losing all power, the group was told to stay at their current location and wait for rangers to arrive, according to the DEC.
Based on the group's cell phone coordinates, rangers found the group by 12:30 a.m. Rangers then escorted the women back to their camp by 3 a.m., without injury or additional assistance, officials say.
- Hudson Valley Child Finds Bags of Drugs in Online Snack Order
- Shocking Number of Working Hudson Valley Struggles Financially
- Hudson Valley Man Admits to Taconic Road Rage Killing
- Cops: Armed Man Flees After Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Woman
- Woman Wins $1 Million at Hudson Valley Casino
- Mold Closes Hudson Valley School For At Least 6 Weeks
- Mold Found at 3 Hudson Valley Schools