92-Year-Old Struck, Killed By Train in Dutchess County
A 92-year-old who was walking on the rail tracks was struck and killed by a southbound train Tuesday morning.
On Tuesday, June 25, 2019, the New York State Police investigated a fatal train and pedestrian collision on the Amtrak line between the Rhinecliff and Staatsburg stations.
The investigation revealed that An V. Tran, age 92, of Poughkeepsie was struck and killed by a southbound Amtrak train while walking on the tracks at approximately 9:17AM.
Amtrak Police, Village of Rhinebeck Police, MTA Police, NYS Department of Transportation, Hillside Fire Department and the Dutchess County Medical Examiner’s Office were also on scene.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate