Are You Allowed to Wear a White Dress to a Wedding?
Wedding etiquette is important to know this time of year. I thought this rule was a no brainer.
We've answered those RSVP cards. We've bought cards, new ties, shoes and maybe even a new dress. We're in the thick of wedding season. Are you allowed to wear a white dress to a wedding?
Put yourself in a bride's position. It's your special day and you've dropped just over $1,000 on a dress and that's on the more inexpensive side. You rightfully assume that you're going to be the only woman there in white. Then your cousin Jackie shows up in a shiny white dress and upstages you. Is it appropriate? Is it tacky?
"You don't show up to a wedding in a white dress. It's an unspoken rule."
A woman is currently being blasted on social media for showing up to a wedding in white? Did she miss the memo? Maybe these rules need to be written down?
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate