Body Found Dead in Water in Hudson Valley
Police are investigating after a dead body was found floating in water in the Hudson Valley.
A person passing by a creek that runs below Dutch Lane in Spring Valley noticed the dead person lying in the water around 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, police say.
The discovery was right behind some homes off Ann Street in Spring Valley and near a community baseball field, a source tells Hudson Valley Post.
Detectives were on the scene until late Saturday evening, blocking off Dutch Lane with crime scene tape and a dive team from the Piermont Fire Department was called to the scene.
Members of the dive team recovered the body and helped police search the waterway looking for any evidence that could be collected, according to the Piermont Fire Department.
Police have yet to release the identity of the person or the cause of death. It's unclear how long the body was floating in the water before the body was found.
- Popular Hudson Valley Coach Killed By the Mother of his Children
- Popular Hudson Valley Bar Shut Down by Police
- Body Found Dead in Water in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley School Investigates Alleged Homophobic Incident
- 7 Teens Charged With Robbing Student who Brought Knife to School
- Hudson Valley Man Convicted of Domestic Abuse for 4th Time
- 1 Dead After Drugs Laced With Fentanyl Sold in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Elementary Student Brings Box Cutters To School
- Hudson Valley Rallies Behind Teen Battling Rare Cancer
- Fire Fighting Foam Released Into Air, Water in Hudson Valley
- 1 Killed in Route 9 Crash in Hudson Valley