Can You Go Car Free For Earth Day?
Earth Day is Monday, April 22, 2019.
Time Out published an event called 'Car Free Earth Day'. The event is just like it sounds: going car-free for Earth Day. This event is being held in New York City on the Saturday following Earth Day, April 27. A mile strip of Broadway in NYC will be closed to cars from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
While this event is going on in New York City, you still can try to go car-free in the Hudson Valley. There's no event going on (that I know of) for a car-free Earth Day in the Hudson Valley region, but why not make your own!
Even if it's just walking/riding a bike for one trip instead of driving the car, not even the whole day, it will make a difference. Let's try to use our cars less this Earth Day.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate