Dangerous Bear Sighting in Busy Mid-Hudson Neighborhood
Local police were busy on Wednesday keeping the public safe from a curious bear.
There have been a large number of bear sightings in busy, populated areas of the Hudson Valley this year. While bears are very common in the Hudson Valley, it's unusual for them to appear in cities and more populated areas.
City of Kingston Police came face to face with a bear who decided to make himself comfortable in a tree yesterday afternoon. The bear was spotted on East Chester Street, causing concern to local residents.
Authorities warn that although the bears do look cute and cuddly, they are extremely dangerous. Bears can quickly become aggressive when confronted and should be left alone. Police say that the bears will eventually return to their woods as long as you don't feed them.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate