Do You Live In One Of New York’s Richest Towns?
The numbers are in and New York has a number of very wealthy towns. Statistics were analyzed on over 300 locales with more than 5,000 residents and six of the top ten richest are all from Westchester County.
North Hills on Long Island is number one overall with a population of just over 5,000, a median income of $123,798 and an unemployment rate of under 1%. The poverty rate there is at 1.6% so living is pretty good in North Hills. At number two is Scarsdale in Westchester County with a population of 17,000, while the median income is higher at $250K, the unemployment rate sits at 3.2% and the poverty rate is at 2.7%. Rounding out the top three is Lawrence, New York where the median income is more than $140,000.
- North Hills - Nassau County
- Scarsdale - Westchester County
- Lawrence - Nassau County
- Pelham - Westchester County
- Briarcliff Manor - Westchester County
- Rye -Westchester County
- Irvington - Westchester County
- Pleasantville - Westchester County
- East Hills - Nassau County
- Garden City - Nassau County