Donate to Local Food Pantries and Community Dinners This Thanksgiving
Tis the season of giving
It’s hard to believe that we are in mid-November and that Thanksgiving is only a few days away. More than ever, it’s the time of year to remember to give back. It’s important to think about contributing to a charity or food bank during the holiday season. There are several ways that we can help out those who are in need of some extra supplies this time of year.
Organizations and churches throughout the Hudson Valley are hosting a free, community Thanksgiving dinner.
The following locations are opening their arms and planning a Thanksgiving dinner to those in need.
- American Legion Post 488, November 23 5 pm – 9 pm
- Maybrook United Methodist Church, 4 pm - 7 pm
- Mountainville United Methodist Church, 4:30 pm- 7:30 pm
- Mountain View United Methodist Church Memorial Hall, 2 pm
- New Prospect Church, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- RJK Middle School, 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- Grace Episcopal Church, November 28 12 pm - 1 pm
- Sacred Heart Parish Center, November 28 11:00 am – 2 pm
Get into the holiday spirit by giving back and helping out at a food banks and shelters. Most schools, churches and organizations open their arms to any type of donations. Donations of any kind such a monetary, food, clothes and toiletries could make a positive change in someone’s life and a Happy Thanksgiving.
Food banks recommend donating non-perishable food. Next time that you’re at the grocery store, add in some extra goodies to help out and put a healthy meal on the table for a family this holiday season!
Here are some suggestions of food items to donate.
- Canned vegetables
- Cranberry sauce
- Boxed stuffing
- Canned or boxed soups
- Dried pasta (Ramen, spaghetti)
- Granola bars
- Peanut butter
- Water bottles
Local spots to drop off donations throughout the Hudson Valley include:
- Country Kids Food Pantry
- Dutchess Community Outreach Program
Beacon, Dover Plains, Poughkeepsie, and Red Hook
- Family of Woodstock
Woodstock and Kingston
- Family Outreach Food Pantry
- Fishkill Food Pantry
- Florida Community Food Pantry
- Food Bank of the Hudson Valley
- Matthew 25 Food Pantry
- Montgomery Food Pantry
- Our Father’s Kitchen Food Pantry
- Putnam Valley Community Food Pantry
- Rosendale Food Pantry
- Rhinebeck Reformed Church
- Saugerties Food Pantry
- United Methodist Church
- Vineyard Community Church
- Warwick Valley Ecumenical Food
What are your plans for the holiday? Let us know here and don’t forget, have a very Happy and healthy Thanksgiving! :)