Educator Says Kids Should Play Outside At Least 4 Hours A Day
Did you ever play outside when you were a kid? Is it still a thing that kids want to do or is it a punishment?
Kids have a million reasons to want to stay inside nowadays. There's TV, computers, cell phones, video games and toys just to name a few. When I was little my parents would make me play outside. There are a lot of benefits to letting your imagination run wild.
I recently came across a blog called 1000 Hours Outside. According to a post on the blog page it states that a few experts agree that kids should spend anywhere from 3-4 hours outside every day. However, kids today seem to average 4-7 minutes. All of the time inside can negatively impact a child's sensory development.
Do you think kids should get out more? How much time did you spend outdoors when you were young?
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate