Father, Daughter Rescued Hiking in Hudson Valley on Easter
A father and his young daughter had to be rescued after they got lost during their evening Easter hike in the Hudson Valley.
On Easter around 9:15 p.m., Dutchess County 911 forwarded a call to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation from a 47-year-old man who got lost hiking with his 10-year-old daughter.
The man and his daughter got lost while hiking on the Appalachian Trail in the Town of Beekman in Dutchess County, officials say.
Two forest rangers responded and found the pair about 350 feet off the trail.
Father and daughter were safely returned to their car around 12:45 a.m. on Monday.
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
- Police: Worker Commits Sex Act at Hudson Valley Retirement Home
- Fire Displaces 6 Hudson Valley Residents From Home
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley