First Bannerman Island Tours Of 2019 Announced
Bannerman Island is a treasure that is unique to the Hudson Valley. In recent years, much effort has been made to rehab the run-down structures and bring the island back to life. And now comes word that the first tours of 2019 have been announced. Last year was the busiest on the island yet when more than 9,000 people made the trip. They've been offering a variety of activities including movies and even live action plays.
Tours will resume the weekend of May 4 and the first departure will be at 11 AM. These specific tours will offer departures from both Beacon and Newburgh and will most likely sell out in advance.
A guided walking tour of the island is part of the tour and will include access to the newly opened Bannerman family residence. Tours this year will also include access to parts of the island that have been previously inaccessible.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate