Former Herman’s Nursery Property In Poughkeepsie Up For Sale
The property that once held a Hudson Valley icon in the form of Hermans Nursery in the Town of Poughkeepsie is up for sale.
According to Loopnet, the 9.9-acre property located right on Route 44 is on the market for $1,750,000. It offers flexible commercial zoning and the potential for subdivision. It would be ideal for retail, a bank, health club, convenience store or a variety of all of the above.
There are nearly 80,000 people living within a five-mile radius of the property with a median age of 37 and an average income of $81,000 so there is potential there. Those numbers are bound to increase when the new East Dale project is completed right down the road.
I once lived in an apartment on this property and have nothing but nice things to say about Mr. Herman. He was a great landlord and an even nicer man. William 'Bill' Herman passed away in the summer of 2017.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate