How Would You Improve Hudson Valley Rest Stops?
The governor's office is taking steps to improve rest stop areas on the New York State Thruway. How would you improve those service areas in the Hudson Valley, the state would like to hear from you.
According to a press release, the plan is to redevelop all 27 of these areas through public-private partnerships. A request for proposals will go out on 16 rest stops this year while the other 11 will be included later on. The Thruway Authority has issued a Request for Expressions of Interest, it's an opportunity for the public and business' in the hospitality, tourism and freight industries to propose ideas on things they'd like to see included in the re-design.
- Malden Travel Plaza
- Modena Travel Plaza
- New Baltimore Service Area
- Plattekill Travel Plaza
- Ramapo Travel Plaza
- Sloatsburg Travel Plaza
Proposed upgrades could include renewable energy options, expanded truck parking, shopping options and maybe even a farm stand or two. The Governor's stated goal is to better serve all motorists who travel on the Thruway. To get your opinion in the mix, take the survey below, it should take around 10 minutes.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America