Hudson Valley City Named Worst Place to Live in New York
A Hudson Valley city was named the worst city to live in in all of the Empire State.
24/7 Wall St. created a formula to determine the worst cities to live in. The website made a weighted index of 25 measures. All measures fall into four categories: affordability, economy, quality of life, and community.
The city with the worst score in each state was then named the worst city in that state to live in.
According to 24/7 Wall St, Newburgh is the worst place to live in New York State.
New York: Newburgh
- Population: 28,444
- Median home value: $170,900
- Poverty rate: 31.2%
- Violent crimes per 100,000 people: 1,236
In 2017, Newburgh had 1,236 violent crimes for over 100,000 people, which is more than triple the violent crime rate in New York State, according to 24/7 Wall St. Over 31% of Newburgh, residents live below the poverty line, which is more than double the poverty rate in New York.
The median value of a home in Newburgh is also over $122,000 less than state median home value, according to 24/7 Wall St.
- Hudson Valley Teacher Allegedly Watched Porn in Classroom
- Hudson Valley McDonald's Accused of Scamming Customers
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Hudson River (Photos)
- Hudson Valley City Named Worst Place to Live in New York
- Hudson Valley Teen is Going Viral for Epic Promposal
- Beloved 100 Year Old Hudson Valley Business Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley Welfare Fraud Task Force Arrest 6