Hudson Valley Counties’ Tax Rates Highest in the United States
Some Hudson Valley counties have the highest property tax in the nation.
ATTOM Data Solutions, the curator of the nation’s premier property database, released its 2018 property tax analysis for more than 87 million U.S. single-family homes. ATTOM found property taxes on single family homes in 2018 totaled rose 4 percent from in 2017.
The average property taxes of $3,498 for a single-family home in 2018 was up 3 percent from 2017.
ATTOM also looked into 1,408 U.S. counties with at least 10,000 single family homes to find the where homeowners have the highest average property taxes on single-family homes. Westchester County ($17,392) and Rockland County ($12,925) had the highest average property tax in the nation.
Below is the average property taxes on single-family homes for other counties in the Hudson Valley, according to ATTOM Data Solutions.
- Putnam County: $9,725
- Orange County: $7,745
- Dutchess County: $6,959
- Ulster County: $6,209
- Sullivan County: $5,555
- Jeopardy! Causes Controversy in Hudson Valley Over Cuomo Bridge
- Once Again Confirmed Cases of Measles Skyrocket in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Bakery Goes Viral Over New Creation
- Firefighter With Hudson Valley Ties Killed in Afghanistan
- Hudson Valley Cop Hurt While Taking Knife Away From Student
- Police: Drunk Man Found in Hudson Valley With Kill List, Shotgun
- Hudson Valley Teen Disappears After Going to Local Bar
- Filming Will Close Congested Hudson Valley Road During Rush Hour