Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Dramatic Psyche Center Video
After the recent announcement that ground had been broken at the old Hudson River Psychiatric Center across from Marist College, a well known local drone pilot jumped into action and got some amazing footage of the buildings and unique view of the property.
Scott Snell along with Chuck Merrihew got a good look at grounds that have been restricted for years. Many of the trees have been razed in anticipation of construction of the $250 million Hudson Heritage project that will include 750 apartments to go along with retail and hotel space.
It's hard to imagine some 5,500 people going about their day while this hospital was at its peak in the mid-1900s. Having been in operation in some form since 1871, it was finally shut down for good in 2012.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate