Hudson Valley Man Facing Felony Weed Charges
A Hudson Valley man was allegedly caught with over one pound of marijuana.
On Monday around 11:30 p.m., New York State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87, in the Town of Woodbury for alleged vehicle and traffic violations.
During the trooper’s interview of the driver, a probable cause to search the vehicle and its occupants was established, police say.
The driver, Erick J. Blanding, 41, of Kingston was allegedly found to be in possession of approximately 1.06 pounds of marijuana.
Blanding charged with criminal possession of marijuana, a felony, and vehicle and traffic violations.
Blanding was arraigned in the Town of Woodbury Court. No bail information or return court date available at this time. An unnamed passenger in the vehicle was issued an appearance ticket for unlawful possession of marijuana and released without further charges.
- 2018 Hudson Valley Election Results
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Removing Political Signs
- Hudson Valley Politician Set to Make U.S. Political History
- Police: 13 Hudson Valley Drug Dealers Charged
- Hudson Valley Man Finds Cockroach in Fast-Food Burger
- 3 Shot, 2 Killed Saturday Night in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Stars in #1 Movie in The World
- Deer Causes Fatal Accident On Palisades Parkway, Woman Killed
- Hudson Valley Man Sold Heroin On School Grounds, Police Say