Hudson Valley Man Jailed Following School Shooting Threat Probe
A Hudson Valley man who praised the Columbine killers on social media was sentenced following an investigation into a school shooting threat.
On Friday in Ulster County Court, Conner Chargois of Saugerties was sentenced to 2 years in state prison followed by 5 years of post-release supervision. In December, he pleaded guilty to one count of criminal possession of a weapon.
Chargois was arrested by members of the Town of Saugerties Police Department in February 2018 after police were told he posted comments on the internet relating to “Eric and Dylan," the people responsible for the horrific Columbine School shooting. Chargois was a student at Saugerties High School at the time.
The post was shown to a teacher at Saugerties High School. The teacher brought it to the attention of the school administration, who brought it to the School Resource Officer.
Chargois later confessed he wrote the note, police say.
In the ensuing investigation, police seized from Chargois a quantity of ammunition of varying calibers, homemade knives, machine fabricated gun parts, a prototype of a firearm that Chargois admitted he manufactured in the basement of his house, in addition to a number of completed homemade firearms in both .22 and 9mm caliber capacities, police say.
During a very emotional sentencing hearing, Chargois apologized to his family, the Saugerties community, Saugerties High School, Saugerties Police Department and the court for what he called his selfishness, officials say. He took full responsibility and says he hopes to eventually pursue his dream of attending college, according to the Ulster County District Attorney's Office.
- SUNY New Paltz Student Accused of Killing Mother
- Arrest Made In Connection of Killing of Hudson Valley Woman
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed Following School Shooting Threat Probe
- Just How Low is Gov. Cuomo's Favorability Rating?
- Presidential Candidate Weighs in on Where Upstate NY Starts
- Hudson Valley Superintendent Trending After School Closing Song
- Family of Mother Police Say Was Sexually Assaulted Could Use Help
- Crime is Dramatically Rising in These Hudson Valley Counties
- Update on Contaminated Milk That Could Lead to Fatal Infection
- Beloved Hudson Valley Diner Closes For Good
- Man Shot in Chest in Hudson Valley, Armed Shooter On The Run
- Student Charged With Assaulting Hudson Valley Teacher
- Top-Ranking Hudson Valley Fire Officials Charged With Corruption
- NYSP Child Abuse Unit Arrest 2 Hudson Valley Residents