Hudson Valley Man Murdered Near Popular Bar
A Hudson Valley man was fatally shot near a popular local bar.
On Friday, 37-year-old Terry Cherry of Poughkeepsie was charged with second-degree murder for his role in the Nov. 5, murder of Jaquan Johnson.
Johnson, 20, was shot in the area of Mill and Garden streets and died from his wounds the following day, police say. The Mill House Brewing Company is located at the intersection for Mill and Garden streets, according to Google Maps.
Since Nov 5, Cherry has been in Dutchess County Jail after he was arrested by New York State Parole for violating the conditions of his parole, police say.
Anyone with information about Johnson's murder should call the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department's confidential Tip Line at (845) 451-7577.
- Hudson Valley County Announces Permanent Ban on Plastic Bags
- DA: Hudson Valley Mother Tried to Murder Newborn
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Near Popular Bar
- Former Hudson Valley Athlete Needs Your Help to Reach Pro Bowl
- 13 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors, SLA Says
- Plane Heading to Dutchess County Lands on Golf Course, 3 Injured
- Hudson Valley Brothers Arrested for Black Friday Rape, Robbery