Hudson Valley Man to Bike Over 1,500 Miles for ALS
A Hudson Valley man is biking from the local area to Miami to raise money for ALS.
On Tuesday, Ryan Wilson of Poughkeepsie was scheduled to begin his 1,528-mile bike ride. The former Arlington High School soccer star is riding a bicycle from Poughkeepsie to Miami to raise money and awareness for ALS.
"All proceeds going directly to the ALS foundation. Help me inspire, help me show my aunt what her fight means to me," Wilson wrote on Instagram when announcing his journey.
"To the strongest person I know.. you’ve been my why my whole life and I can’t wait to show you what your fight has distilled in me. I can’t wait to prove that nothing is impossible with the right mindset and purpose," Wilson wrote in a separate Instagram post.
You can donate to Wilson's cause by CLICKING HERE. As of this writing, Wilson has raised over $1,700.
- Hudson Valley McDonald's Responds to Alleged Expensive Scam
- Multiple Bears Spotted in Hudson Valley Backyard
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Stealing Money From Charity
- NYSCOPBA: 6 Hudson Valley Officers Injured When 40 Inmates Attack
- Hudson Valley Motorcyclist Dies After Hitting NY Corrections Van
- 16 Reasons Why Newburgh Isn't the Worst City in New York State
- Beloved Puppy Dies After Going to Lower Hudson Valley PetSmart
- Hudson Valley Man Dies in Lawnmower Crash, Brother Very Hurt
- Large Reward Offered After Video of Cat Murder Circulates
- Hudson Valley Rallies Behind Mother of 7 Killed in Crash
- Woman Shot Near Hudson Valley Church