Hudson Valley Officer Accused of Killing Ex-Wife
An officer from the Hudson Valley is accused of murdering his ex-wife.
On Thursday around 11 p.m., New York State Police responded to reports of a stabbing at a home in the Town of Wappinger near All Angels Hill Road.
The stabbing victim, 34-year-old Terrie DeGelormo, was pronounced dead at the scene as a result of injuries sustained from the assault, police say.
“This was a heartbreaking tragedy, where a young mother lost her life, due to domestic violence," Captain John Ryan said in a press release.
An unknown assailant fled the scene prior to the arrival of police. The ensuing investigation led to the arrest of DeGelormo's ex-husband, Timothy Alexander, police say.
Alexander was charged with murder and sent to jail without bail.
Multiple reports say Alexander is a Dutchess County Sheriff's Office corrections sergeant.
"The men and women of the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office extend their heartfelt condolences to the family of Terrie DeGelormo on her tragic passing," Dutchess County Sheriff Butch Anderson said in a Facebook post that was released to the media. "Every day we hear another report of the tragic loss of young men and women for no apparent reason. These sad occurrences make no sense and break the hearts of those children and family members left behind. With sadness we mourn this unfinished life."
- Police: Teen Killed In Front of Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Hudson Valley Officer Accused of Killing Ex-Wife
- Human Remains Found in Bag in Hudson Valley, Police Need Answers
- Smoke From Deadly California Wildfires Reaches New York
- 9 Tips To Keep Your Family Safe From Thanksgiving Salmonella
- Hudson Valley Infant Suffers Significant Burns To Body
- Local Weather Experts Predicts More Snow Than Normal This Winter
- Watch Out For This Deadly Turkey This Thanksgiving
- Pregnant Hudson Valley Woman Killed, Teen Clings To Life