Hudson Valley Officer Dead, 2 Officers Hurt in Home Shooting
A Hudson Valley officer is dead and two other officers are clinging to life in an apparent murder-suicide attempt.
On Friday around 11:30 p.m., police arrived to reports of a shooting at a home on Buckingham Road in Yonkers.
Authorities found a woman and two men with multiple gunshot wounds. One of the men had a gunshot wound to his head, which police believe was self-inflicted, CBS reports. All three were rushed to a hospital.
The man with the gunshot wound to the head, 40-year-old Edward Quiony, later died from his injuries at the hospital.
The unnamed victims are in critical condition with life-threatening injuries, police say. The two are dating and are living together. Quiony is the female victim's ex-boyfriend, according to CBS.
Quiony is accused of forcing his way into the home and firing multiple shots at the couple. The victim's fired shots back at Quiony. Police believe the final shot was Quiony shooting himself in the head.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with these two correction officers and their fellow members of service during this extremely difficult time. We request that their privacy be respected as they valiantly attempt to recover,” Westchester County Executive George Latimer said in a statement after the shootout, according to PIX 11.
The male victim's mother, who also lives at the home, was in another room and called the police after she heard gunshots.
- Police Need Your Help Looking For Missing Hudson Valley Siblings
- Hudson Valley Officer Dead, 2 Officers Hurt in Home Shooting
- Hudson Valley County Announces Permanent Ban on Plastic Bags
- DA: Hudson Valley Mother Tried to Murder Newborn
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Near Popular Bar
- 13 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors, SLA Says
- Plane Heading to Dutchess County Lands on Golf Course, 3 Injured
- Hudson Valley Brothers Arrested for Black Friday Rape, Robbery