Hudson Valley Retailer To Stop Selling Guns At 125 Stores
A retailer with multiple local locations has announced it will be pulling guns from over 100 of their stores across the U.S.
Yahoo Finance reports that Dick's Sporting Goods is removing guns from 125 of their locations nationwide. Dick's removed hunting items from 10 stores where they saw sales decreasing. Once the hunting items were removed, they saw an increase in sales.
Dick's is, therefore, following the success of those stores by removing hunting items from an additional 125 stores where sales were declining, according to Yahoo Finance. Dick's Sporting Goods classifies hunting items as rifles, ammunition, accessories associated with firearms, hunting apparel, and anything related to hunting. This will not include kayaks and other outdoor activities.
Dick's Sporting Goods has multiple Hudson Valley locations including Poughkeepsie, Kingston, and Middletown.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate