Hudson Valley Special FX Job Available
A Hudson Valley-based special effects company is seeking a production assistant to work on a television series. This part-time position requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment and is not for beginners. Empire FX in Gardiner specializes in 'natural' effects, meaning they create sounds of explosions, car crashes, wind, snow, etc.
Qualifications include knowledge of welding, plumbing, electric and more. You must have attention to detail and you need to know how to use tools like saws, drill press' and welders.
Your duties will include shop maintenance, equipment prep, and running errands in addition to helping out with the special FX. That will also include the occasional run to New York City to drop off equipment.
Interested parties can send a resume to email@example.com with a description of why you'd like to work there. To be considered you must be ready and willing to work long hours weekdays and weekends and sometimes with short notice. Pay is $750 per week.
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2018 Guide
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate