Hudson Valley Teen Accused of Queens Murder
A Hudson Valley teen who is accused of brutally murdering a man in the local area is now accused of killing a man in Queens.
An indictment unsealed in Brooklyn federal court accuses alleged 18th Street gang members and associates Yanki Misael Cruz-Mateo, Yoni Alexander Sierra, Jose Jimenez Chacon and Saudi Levy Ramirez with the Feb. 2, murder and murder conspiracy of a member of a rival gang.
According to the indictment, all four are members and associates of the Queens and Kingston chapters of the violent street gang "18th Street."
Cruz-Mateo, 19, is from Kingston, according to the Daily News.
On Feb. 2, the unnamed victim was found dead in Queens with multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso.
Several days after the murder, Cruz-Mateo admitted in text messages to shooting the victim because he believed the victim was a member of the rival MS-13 gang, officials say.
- Rabid Coyote Attacks Young Girl in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Accused of Queens Murder
- Hudson Valley Biker Killed in Route 9W Crash
- More of New York Exposed to 'Very Contagious Disease'
- It Snowed in Many Parts of the Hudson Valley Yesterday
- Child Attacked by Coyote at Hudson Valley Park
- Man Sexually Abused Wife's Granddaughter in Hudson Valley
- 3-Time Cop Killer Released From Hudson Valley Prison
- Reward Offered After Fire at Old Hudson River Psychiatric Center
- Police: Four Arrested After Fatal Overdose in Dutchess County