Hudson Valley Teen Battling Rare Stage-3 Cancer
The Hudson Valley can help out a local teen and her family who's battling a rare form of cancer.
Just weeks before she should have finished her freshman year at Spackenkill High School Hannah Mrani, 15, was diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian Cancer, according to a GofundMe.
"She's already had extensive abdominal surgery in order to remove a large tumor and other affected organs. Something no one should ever have to endure," Maritza Mrani wrote on the GoFundMe. "Hannah will be starting her chemotherapy in two weeks and has a very long road ahead of her. It is unknown right now how long she will have to be hospitalized and what the outcome will be, however, doctors are very optimistic."
Hannah has an 11-year-old younger brother, Aaron. Her mother will be out of work as she cares for Hannah. A GoFundMe was set up to help Hannah's family.
- Hudson Valley Teen Battling Rare Stage-3 Cancer
- Man Near NY Diagnosed With Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus
- Drunk Driver Fleeing Police Murdered Hudson Valley Mother
- MUST SEE PHOTOS: Hudson Valley Couple Gets Engaged at Car Wash
- America's Oldest Theater Company Wants to Build $11 Million Theater in Hudson Valley, Beer and Full Meals Served
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Galleria Parking Garage Falls on Woman's Car
- 10 Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Arrested
- Hudson Valley Animal Activists Rescue 32 Dogs From Upstate NY