Hudson Valley Tree-Trimmer Killed At Work
A Hudson Valley tree-trimmer was killed on the job while working on Labor Day.
On Monday around 9:15 a.m., police responded to Maple Road in Cornwall to reports of a man electrocuted.
John B. Nuzzolo, 39, of Newburgh was helping take down a big tree 40-feet above the ground. While cutting down the tree, it's believed he accidentally hit a live high power line and was electrocuted, NBC reports. Nuzzolo died from his injuries.
The live power line was next to the tree Nuzzolo was trimming, officials say. Nuzzolo was working as a sub-contractor for Simply Stump Grinding and Tree Removal Company, a company based out of Newburgh.
The Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office is investigating to determine the cause of death.
- Hudson Valley Tree-Trimmer Killed At Work
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered While Vacationing in Nashville
- Many Helping Hudson Valley Family Who Lost Child in Fire
- Many Injured After Exit Ramp Wrong-Way Crash in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Threatened To Shoot School
- 2 Arrested After Truck Drives Into Hudson Valley Home