Lost Hikers Rescued in Ulster County
Two hikers from Kingston had to be rescued after getting lost in Bluestone Wild Forest.
On May 24 at approximately 8 p.m., Forest Rangers Russell Martin and Kevin Slade responded to an Ulster County 911 Emergency Center Radio call for two lost hikers in the Bluestone Wild Forest at the Onteora Lake access area.
After coordinating efforts, the Rangers determined the hikers from Kingston were on the yellow trail. Forest Ranger Martin traveled north on the trail and located the lost party in good condition.
The hikers were escorted back to their vehicle and the incident concluded by 9 p.m.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate