Lower Hudson Valley Trump Employees Say They Worked Without Pay
Undocumented workers of Donald Trump in the Hudson Valley say they often worked without getting paid.
The New York State Attorney General's Office is now looking into claims that undocumented workers at Trump National Golf Club Westchester were ordered to work overtime without pay.
A head waiter, Jose Gabriel Juarez, an undocumented immigrant from Mexico, told the Washington Post some nights he was told to clock out, but then ordered by his bosses to stay past midnight to clean and get the restaurant ready for breakfast.
Six former Trump workers told the paper "they felt systematically cheated because they were undocumented." Others said they were "denied promotions, vacation days and health insurance, which were offered to legal employees." Workers also said they were "routinely shortchanged on their pay."
The Trump Organization calls the allegations "total nonsense."
In January, 12 employees at a Donald Trump-owned golf course in the Hudson Valley were allegedly fired for being immigrants who were in the country illegally.
- Drunk Driver Fleeing Police Murders Hudson Valley Mother
- Here's How You Can Eat For Free During Your Birthday Month
- Missing New York Man Found By Fishermen in Hudson Valley
- Two Raped and Sexual Assaulted Missing Teen in Hudson Valley
- 7 Children Get Lost While Hiking in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley 8th-Grader Wanted For Murder of Innocent Teen
- Human Remains Found By Men Fishing in Hudson Valley
- 10 Hudson Valley Residents Arrested Following Prostitution Sting
- Kevin Bacon Spotted in Hudson Valley
- Humongous Fish Caught in Hudson Valley