Man Drowns in Orange County Pond, Police Say
The incident occurred on Friday morning just before noon in the City of Newburgh.
On July 12, at approximately 11:30 a.m. the City of Newburgh Police Department received a call of a male lying face down in the pond at Downing Park near the area of Third Street and Robinson Ave.
Upon arrival, with the assistance of the City of Newburgh Fire Department, a male was brought to the shoreline where he was later pronounced dead by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
The male was identified as 22-year-old Santos Alirio Mendez-Perez.
There were no obvious signs of foul play, however, this incident is being investigated by the Detective Division pending the autopsy results.
Anyone with information related to this incident is urged to contact the City of Newburgh Police Department at (845)561-3131.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate